WANT TO RUN FOR LOCAL OFFICE?
Interested in running? Sign up to connect with our candidate services team!
(Learn about running for federal, state, or county office here.)
AM I ELIGIBLE?
To run for office in Texas you’ll need to meet basic requirements for the position you’re seeking, including age, citizenship status, residency and other requirements. FOR MORE INFORMATION: Qualifications for office in Texas.
I’M INTERESTED! HOW CAN YOU HELP?
LIFT-recognized candidates will receive:
Public recognition by TDP as a Project LIFT candidate (if requested):
- Campaign-specific help with strategy;
- GOTV and volunteer recruitment emails from TDP to our list;
- Opportunity to obtain a VAN license;
- Lists of registration opportunities (NCOA);
- Voter targeting guidance;v
- Lists of TDP donors in your district;
- Prioritized access to Texas Democratic Party campaign-support staff; and
- Access to the TDP-negotiated rates for peer-to-peer texting.
HOW DO I FILE TO RUN?
If you’re running for a position that falls on the May 4, 2019 uniform election date, your deadline to file an application for a place on the ballot is February 15, 2019 at 5:00p.m. with:
- (For city council) your local city clerk or secretary;
- (For school board) the secretary of your school board’s district;
- (For other districts) the secretary of the local district.
NOTE: You’ll need to appoint a campaign treasurer before accepting or spending $500 on your campaign. Sign up below for a checklist of key actions that you’ll need to take to launch your campaign!
I WANT TO LEARN MORE!
Sign up for more information and to speak to a representative from our campaign support team!